Edenred began operating 50 years ago with the introduction of the Ticket Restaurant® meal voucher to the French market. Today, the company operates in 42 countries and serves 750 thousand clients worldwide, helping them effectively manage their non-financial benefits, company expenses, and motivational programs, as well as reward systems.
A little history
- Edenred began operating in 1954 in Great Britain and created the concept of luncheon vouchers and was the first company in the world to issue vouchers.
- Ticket Restaurant® introduced in France in 1962 became an officially recognised non-financial benefit as a result of a decree issued by the French government.
- In 1983, the Accor Group was created as a result of a merger of the hotel business with Jacques Borel international (Ticket Restaurant®). The next few years involved an expansion to markets in Europe, South America, Asia, Australia, and South Africa thanks to which Ticket Restaurant® became the most recognisable brand in the world in this sector.
- In 1997, the Accor Group began operating in Poland introducing solutions in the form of paper vouchers used by companies in non-financial benefits and business loyalty building programs - read more.
- In 2000 Accor corporate services changed its name to Accor Services.
- In 2010, the hotel and the prepaid services businesses of Accor Group were split as a result of which Edenred was established as an independent company.
The proprietary prepay technology ltd. Authorisation platform allows for the development of solutions tailored to the individual requirements of the sector and the client’s expectations. Thanks to the strategic partnership between MasterCard and Edenred, we were able to attain the highest quality in prepaid services.
Prepay solutions was a winner of the prestigious prepaid awards
the prepaid awards are held each year in the united kingdom and aim to present the significant achievements and successes in the prepaid services sector. The ceremony took place on 11 October 2012 in London. Prepay solutions won 2 awards in the "leading prepaid organisation Europe" and "best prepaid service provider UK" categories.
The French prepaid awards ceremony took place on 18 October 2012 in Paris. Prepay solutions won an award in the category of companies which helped the most in the development of solutions for prepaid services in France.